Country Made Fresh
Here are some of the pics from the drive up to Nashville and our first look at the city. There's more to come though, I promise you that.
Knoxville, TN - about halfway there and Alex's turn to drive.
Since I grew up in Cumberland County, NS, I was very excited to drive through Cumberland Co, TN. I had to grab a picture of the State Park sign in case any of my Cumb Co blog readers find it as exciting as I did (Mom - I'm thinking of you)
Now we skip to downtown Nashville. I meant to take a picture of a sign to let you know we made it, but I was navigator and I couldn't work the camera, read a map and look for road signs all at the same time. So sadly this was my first shot of downtown Nashville. It's a pretty good one though. This turned out to be a fairly educational trip. We learned some music history - though I doubt we learned as much as my brother Rob did when he took the History of Rock and Roll class at Acadia :)
I love when artists paint murals on the sides of buildings. Isn't this one cool?
Let me introduce you to the Sommet Center. Alex was DYING to go see the last regular season home game for the Nashville Predators on Thursday. Unfortunately, we didn't make it. We had already bought tickets for the NASCC honkeytonk dinner (more on that in a later post). For those who are wondering what the NASCC is - it stands for the North American Steel Conference and Convention. More on that in a later post as well....
Legends Corner. They were part of the honkeytonk conference dinner....
I fell in love with this sign. Isn't it cool?
Who knew they made country fresh?
There were a ton of people out playing on Wednesday afternoon while we were walking around. Nowhere else have I ever seen so many street musicians. They were awesome :)
3 comments:
Love the blue skies, the signs, and the mural!!!
The mural looks 3D, it is so cool!
Looks like you had a very musical trip. I agree about the mural-the texture of the bricks works so well with what was painted on it.
Post a Comment