Thursday, March 27, 2008

remember walking in the sand

Today was an interesting day. Alex and I had to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to drive to Charlotte today. I had an appointment to get my biometrics taken for my Green card and my work visa there at 9am. Since Charlotte is a good hour and a half away on a good day - we definitely had to leave early since we would be hitting rush hour the whole way there. We made it to the office without getting lost - 10 minutes early even. I even had time to put make up on before we left - if you know me - that's impressive! Mornings are not my best time of day. Especially when they begin before the sun has even thought about coming above the horizon.

We were in and out quite quickly by immigration standards - an hour later we were on our way home. Since we had the rest of the day, we decided to stop in Gaffney and check out the sales (it's one of the lovely outlet centers between here and Charlotte). Around lunch time we got hungry and headed home after picking up a couple of adorable things for my friend Andrea's baby. Once we got home, we had a quick lunch and it was nap time. Despite our plans for the rest of the day - we spent them napping. Alex loves to nap - but me - not so much. Usually. Except when I get up at the butt-crack of dawn.

So today - instead of a new, exciting adventure picture - you get a beach picture. It's a good one though. :)

2 comments:

Callista March 28, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

One of my favorite things! I can't wait for it to be warm enough to go barefoot!

Theresa T March 28, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

I love the reflection on the water.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP