Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Skater Boy

This week's challenge was Winter Wonderland. Here in South Carolina .... well that is definitely a challenge. So Friday evening, I tried to convince Alex that we should go on a snow chasing hunt up in the Blue Ridge Mountains - on the off chance that we might possibly find some snow. He came up with a different idea - ice skating. There's a rink here that holds public skating several times a week so he grabbed his hockey skates (my figure skates are back in NS) and Sunday we went to public skate. I was impressed with how many people were there - who knew you could even buy skates in the South! Here are a couple of my shots from Sunday afternoon :)





This picture is definitely not a great shot -artistically or technically - but I was very excited to see the Canadian flag flying down here so I had to share anyway

5 comments:

Theresa T February 19, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

The first shot of the skates looks great. Gotta love finding that little piece of home.

vivi's mom February 19, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

Go Canada!

Jenn February 19, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

I think all sports arenas in both Canada and the USA have both flags up, no???
Regardless, I love your skating pics; you always come up with something great!

Sondra February 19, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

I haven't been skating in ages. This makes me want to go!

Callista February 20, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

How fun is skating!! Its sort of like being 10 again...at least to me :D

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP