Sunday, November 11, 2007

I want to thank you, show my gratitude, my love and respect for you!

This Natalie Merchant song came on my iTunes while I was uploading my pictures, so and the words struck a cord. THANK YOU to the veterans and the current Canadian military forces. As the rabbi said during the benediction of the Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa - "I don't just support our troops, I love our troops!" (this isn't word for word -but the essential gist"

I don't love war, I think it's a tragic but sometimes necessary evil. I do love the men and women who are willing to give their lives for our country and our beliefs so our children can live a brighter future.

Today my thoughts have been on my friend Ryan. He is currently serving an 18 month tour in Iraq. He is a dual American and Canadian citizen. He has been stationed over in Germany with his wife for over 3 years and last summer he went to Iraq. He will be done his tour soon and I just pray that he will make it home safely to see his wife and son.

My first picture today is a word that was on the cenotaph in my town - Hero. This word is what comes to my mind when I think of the many soldiers who have gone overseas to fight.

Hero - a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.






This last picture wasn't taken today - it was taken back in June. But as one of the most recognized symbols of Remembrance Day, I thought I'd include it as well.


2 comments:

Lorelei November 12, 2007 at 1:59 AM  

I absolutely love your pictures from today. The first one, with hero in such stark relief is lovely. And the soldier is awesome.

Great work!

Carol-Ann November 12, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

Beautiful post Jenn!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP