Focus
This week's theme is out of focus. When I found out the new theme, I immediately had an idea in my head of what I wanted to do. Unfortunately, in the chaos of the past few days, my plans fell through. But while I was cooking supper tonight, I remembered a few pictures I'd taken 2 summers ago, before I moved to South Carolina, before I was married, and well, before I really understood a lot of things.
These pictures were taken on the bus my way to Cape Breton for a weekend with some of my best friends. It was the last weekend that the four of us were all together before we ended up in 3 different countries and started getting married off. It was inevitable really that I would whip out my camera to entertain myself on the 8h bus ride by myself. The first shot was intentional - I'd always wanted to create "blurr art" after reading about it months before. The second two shots, they were definitely accidental. Taken during sunset, on bumpy cape breton roads, it was impossible to get a shot in focus. They've remained as rejects in my photo negatives folder since August 2007, but for this theme, they work. It's kind of ironic when you think about it... that a theme like out of focus can bring photo rejects to the forefront and let you reexamine your work... sometimes there's more to something than first appears. I even think I might frame the last one. 


1 comments:
OOoo I love love love the first one!
Post a Comment