On the Fence
This week's theme is Fences and it's such a great theme on so many levels. Fences are about control: keeping people and/or things inside a space; or keeping people and/or things out of a space. Sometimes they're ornamental, decorative and beautiful and other times they're harsh, cold and even at times dangerous - but when you look past the appearance, it's about control.
Fences also have their place in the figurative world. People are often described as being "on the fence" about something... stuck between two different options and trying to determine which side to land on.
After our trip to the farmer's market this morning, we decided that we had to find something to do outside so we could enjoy the beautiful, warm, fall day so we went for a walk through Cleveland Park, people watching and looking for fences. I ended up finding some great shots along the way.
This is the title shot - I named it as soon as I took it... yes I'm OCD like that somtimes... 



I thought this one was totally appropriate for the day after Halloween. 
And this one just reminds me of the Smashing Pumpkins lyric "Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage"
0 comments:
Post a Comment