Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sahara Dry

It's desperately dry here in the Upstate right now. The drought situation is still really bad and some nearby area residents' wells have gone dry. I've never really witnessed a drought first hand before... not like this.

The ground - hard and dry - the only sign of life - ant holes... apparently they can survive anywhere?

Crispy fried flowers



And the craziest shot of all - it's so dry, it's cracking!


4 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com July 24, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

That is dry! I love the ant hole picture - very creative.

runny_yolk July 25, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Love those! Proves you can find beauty anywhere doesn't it?

-Nisha J (from WB)

Jenn July 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Me too! And the cracked ground! We're definitely not experiencing a drought here; it rains almost every day, if for only a little while.

Theresa T August 6, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Love the ant hole photo. Can't say that on the westcoast that I've ever seen cracked earth before (go figure).

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP