Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fresh Landscapes

One of the things I value most in my group of friends is our ability to call each other on our sh!t and how (for the most part) it's not taken offensively but as constructive criticism. Recently my friend Andrea called me on my obsession with the "close crop". Which is true. I know it's true. It feels more intimate to me - up close and personal. BUT, I also recognize that it's important as an artist (and as a person) to stretch the boundaries. So last week when I went out shooting, I purposely tried to embrace the wide angle. Most of these are for her - with a few up close and personal for myself.

How'd I do?













5 comments:

Sondra April 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

The first 2 are great Jenn! I'm also a fan of close ups!

Jenn April 17, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

I'd say you did a beautiful job :)
I love all the streaming water!!
And whatever is that building in the last photo? It's a GORGEOUS shot!

M.R. April 17, 2008 at 11:44 PM  

the last one, with the reflection, is stunning!

Anonymous April 18, 2008 at 1:43 AM  

The waterfall pictures are beautiful! I also adore the close crop, it's my comfort zone!

Theresa T April 19, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

The waterfall (third from the last) is just stunning.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP