Thursday, December 13, 2007

I can see clearly now....

This morning I put in fresh contacts (I wear disposable ones). When I was standing there in the bathroom opening the package (blind as a bat), I couldn't help but thinking about how the lense we look through alters our perception on the world. Without any lenses on, everything is a blur unless it's really close to my face. Only my immediate surroundings are in focus. With my contacts in, I have a much wider, clearer view of the world.

It always fascinates me when I have the oppportunity to talk with other people and hear how they "see" the world. How different the lenses though which everyone views the world. There are people I know who always have their lense set to the bigger picture (Alex - yes I'm talking about you). There are other people I know, who can't look past today to see the bigger picture. One special girl I know looks at the world through rose colored glasses and has that special gift of being able to find the good in everyone and everything. God I'm going to miss you. Some people can only seem to see the world through a shattered, broken, unfocused lense and can't seem to find anything cheerful and happy. Still others seem to have the camera focused soley on themselves and they can't seem to find the zoom to include other people and things into their perspective.

What lense do you use to see the world?


2 comments:

The Way She Thinks December 14, 2007 at 12:45 PM  

Hmm...talk about something to think about. I have to admit, I have absolutely no idea what lenses I use.

Carol-Ann December 16, 2007 at 1:18 AM  

Great post!
You've got us thinking!!!

My husband has told me I'm nearsighted when it comes to life. He uses a chalkboard analogy. I'm standing so close to the chalkboard that I can only see what's right in front of me. If I step back and take it all in I will soon see the big picture.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP