be rural
I grew up in rural NS. Most of my life has been spent in rural communities, but I only have 10 more days of that and then I'll be off to live in a city. It's going to be a huge adjustment. The community where I currently live with my parents does not have a mall, a movie theatre, a McDonalds, more than one grocery store or gas station, and one school. Here is a view of just how rural it is here. This was taken half an hour away from the front steps of the only mall in our area... Yep those are fields and farmers barns!
I can't believe I'm moving in 10 days! There is so much to see and do and people to visit. There are some people I know I won't see again before I go because of distance and circumstances beyond our control, and that makes me sad. You know who you are and I'm going to miss you so much - but I know we will stay in touch. There are other people that have made no effort to even try to see me at all in the past several months, despite knowing I'm leaving. Why? I'll likely never know or understand but those actions have spoken louder than words.
However, I do get the opportunity to see several of my close friends before I go. Some have made plans, changed travel itenaries and postponed visits with loved ones just for one last visit before I go. It means so much more to me than you'll ever know girls! I can't wait to see you all on Thursday! And I love you all so much!
3 comments:
Something else we have in common Jenn...I grew up "in the sticks" too! While I enjoy living in the city now (and I've lived in much bigger places than my hometown for 10 years) there is nothing I like more than going "home". I guess I'll always be a small-town girl deep down...
Enjoy this last time!!!
Oh, and great photo, by the way :)
What a pretty sepia sky!
it's funny how a picture can remind you of something. I saw the picture and instantly had "Cowboy take me away" in my head.
"I wanna walk and not run
I wanna skip and not fall
I wanna look at the horizon
And not see a building standing tall
I wanna be the only one
For miles and miles
Except for maybe you and
Your simple smile"
Post a Comment