Thursday, November 22, 2007

be wrapped up

Tonight I went to visit my oldest friend Emilee. I've known her since pre-school, we went to school together all the way from kindergarten on up to grade 12. Her family has a cottage beside my aunt and uncles. She's my mom's massage therapist. Needless to say, we've been through our ups and downs - any friendship that long has but yet we're still friends. Since we both lead very busy lives, sometimes we go a while without seeing each other, but we try to fit each other in as much as possible. She is truly an awesome person and I love her. I am really going to miss her when I move to SC but I'll be back for her wedding this summer.

I got sidetracked - shocking i know ;) When I was over at Em's tonight for our grey's anatomy fix, I noticed she had christmas presents - wrapped and ready to go. Wrapping presents is one thing that I'm OCD about. I just am. A total perfectionist. Alex doesn't even like to wrap my christmas presents for me because he knows how particular I am - even though I would rather him do his best than to stress over it. I'm really only OCD about presents that I wrap. Side tracked again. She had some of hers wrapped, which made me realize I need to GET ON with my Christmas shopping. I still have a ton of people to buy for and a month to get it done.

Anyway, Christmas is upon us - and my pic for today - Christmas all wrapped up.


The title for today's post is actually 2-fold. The presents are all wrapped up in the picture but I was also talking to a friend today about how we can get so wrapped up in our own lives that forget to stand back and remember the bigger picture. I have been so wrapped up in immigration crap and wedding planning and trying to figure out how to pack up my life. But really I need to stop being wrapped up in little things and focus on the big picture. I'm happy, I'm healthy, I'm getting married in 6 weeks to an amazing man, I have some amazing friends and family, and honestly, everything else is just details. There are a few people, who I used to consider friends, who could gain a lot from stepping back and stop being so wrapped up in themselves and their details.

4 comments:

Jenn November 23, 2007 at 11:06 AM  

Cute pic (I was just thinking I have to go out and buy some wrapping paper) and really good advice!

Sondra November 23, 2007 at 6:52 PM  

Great advice, I agree completely and am often one of those ppl who obsess and worry over minor things.

Ps. I'm a fellow present wrapping ocd'er. I have to have the prettiest paper, and best bows/tags.

Jenn M November 23, 2007 at 10:26 PM  

:D thanks girls! and sondra - thank goodness I've found someone else who understands :-D

Theresa T November 23, 2007 at 11:09 PM  

I was reading the top part of your entry about the OCD about wrapping and thinking that you're not alone in that at all. We were wrapping gifts at work today and the guys I work with were laughing at me and how exacting I was on my corners.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP